Information for Patients
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I bring to my appointment?
- How do I make an appointment?
- How do I get to the Cardiovascular Center at Boston Medical Center?
- What type of lodging is offered in the area?
- Referral form (for HMO insurance, if required).
- Insurance cards.
- List of current medications you are taking including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and any herbs, and dosages.
- Relevant information about your medical and surgical history.
- Bring any pertinent x-rays or records you may have.
- Important questions you would like to ask the doctor.
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: (617) 638-8702
- Cardiac Non-Invasive Testing Laboratory: (617) 638-8745
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program: (617) 638-8745
- Cardiology Outpatient Clinic: (617) 638-7490
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: (617) 638-7530
- Electrophysiology Laboratory: (617) 638-8776
- Endovascular Laboratory: (617) 638-8702
- Foot Care Specialists: (617) 414-6840
- Heart Failure/Cardiomyopathy Program: (617) 638-8060
- Pacemaker/Cardiac Device Clinic: (617) 638-8776
- Vascular Non-Invasive Testing Laboratory: (617) 638-8745
How do I get to the Cardiovascular Center at Boston Medical Center?
Directions to Boston Medical Center
Boston Medical Center is located at 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118. For directions to Boston Medical Center, click here.
An automated phone line is available to provide directions to Boston Medical Center via major highways by calling (617) 638-8282.
Parking is available in the Doctors Office Building at 720 Harrison Avenue and in the parking garage located at 710 Albany Street. Validated coupons are available for patients and their family/visitors. Valet parking is also available in front of the Doctors Office Building.
To view our campus map, click here.
If You Need A WheelChair
Go to the Information Desk in the main lobby of the Atrium Building and ask the receptionist to call for a wheelchair.
Ramada Inn Boston
800 Morrissey Boulevard
Dorchester, MA 02122
Telephone: (617) 287-9100 press 0
Boston Medical Center preferred rate: $79.00
Complimentary shuttle service: 24 hour shuttle service (sign in at the front desk in advance)
Distance from BMC: 9 minutes
63R Boston Street
South Boston, MA 02125
Boston Medical Center preferred rate: $99.00 (Ask for John Ladd if you need assistance with rate)
Complimentary shuttle services: every half hour and also makes trips to the airport
Distance from BMC: 5 minutes
Best Western Roundhouse Suites
891 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Telephone: (617) 989-1000
Boston Medical Center preferred rate: $119.00
Complimentary shuttle service: 7:15am to 8:45pm
Distance from BMC: 3 minutes
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
811 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Telephone: (617) 445-6400
Boston Medical Center preferred rate: $125.00
Complimentary shuttle service: No shuttle, adjacent to Boston Medical Center
821 Washington Street
Boston, MA. 02111
Telephone: (617) 956-7900
Boston Medical Center preferred rate: Sept 10th -Nov 2nd $179.00; all other dates $139.00
Complimentary shuttle service: None
Distance from BMC: 4 minutes
The Hospitality Program
A non profit organization that places out of town medical patients and their family members in private host homes. The service is free but a requested donation to the organization is appreciated. They are open M-F, 9AM -5 PM. A ten minute application over the phone is required. Please give as much lead time as possible. » Website
Telephone: (617) 482-4338
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS